Sunday 4 April 2010

March results

Statistically March was my best month so far and in a week or two that's probably all I'll remember, but at the moment, I can't help feeling that it could have been a whole lot better.

I switched from 2-tabling 50nl  rush poker to mainly 3/4 tabling about half way through, which meant I managed to fit in 34,837 hands - about 9k more than in any previous month - for a profit of $1,932.75, at an hourly rate of $34.11.  With rakeback and bonuses I made $2,282.53, which works out at $40.28 per hour.

I have got some serious leaks at the moment, mostly to do with calling 3 bets.  The SB v But or C/o 3 betting situation at RUSH poker is just absurd.  Several of the 'regs' are 3 betting 20% or more in the SB and a lot of the time its difficult to actually play pots in position.  Speculative calling is a leak and 4 betting is not working out well - I need to think about my responses a bit more.

But the main characteristic of this month has been the swings - pretty much in every session, I have at some stage dropped about 6 buy-ins in 100 hands and I always seem to end up spending the rest of the session getting out of it for a small profit.  Essentially RUSH poker is about coolering people - the way most people play is to try and flop sets and crack big pairs. And this can lead to some big swings when you get on the wrong end of a few and your aces don't hold up against kings.

But all in all, it was a good month.  The aim for next month is make $2k before rakeback (I was above $2k this month before my 11 buy-in downswing on the last day).   Oh and I need to grow some balls and move back up to 100NL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment