Monday 19 April 2010

This is hard work (swongs)

I think 50NL 6-max Rush poker may have had its day.  Player numbers are down (from about 180 at Peak Euro times to about 120), whilst the number of semi competent 'regs' is increasing.

The regs are divided neatly into two camps - the small blind 3 betting super aggro maniacs and the 17/13 Hiltzs (the Cooler Kings) who are waiting for pairs and AJs+ AQo+.  There are very few obvious fish (they get felted fast and few have traditional stats - because they can fold and wait 0.1 seconds for big cards as well as the next TAG).

I think this month I have been coolered in every possible way at the worst possible times.  Every time I take a stand against a aggro maniac with 20% SB 3 bet stat they turn over aces.  I have run boats into quads, boats into bigger boats (why  do I always have to be 200BB deeep when that happens?), and sets into everything.

But I have also played badly at times.  Very badly.  Usually during the period 'imediately after I lose 3 buy-ins in 50 hands to coolers', I get this overriding feeling of I'm about to get my arse tupped and if the cards don't do it to me, I do it to myself.  Then, as if my magic, about 5 minutes later its gone and I'm back to grinding with twice as much focus as before my buy-in dump (because I have something much more powerful to think about - getting out of it).

I also suffer from a form of long term not winning enough tilt - a slow burn tilt which eats away during any period when I break even for a while and then makes me more suseptible to the mid session blow out - its characterised by a growing feeling of the world is conspiring against me. 

There have been a lot of days look like this (note how I went into secondary melt down twice after getting out of it when the mind focus shifts back to 'now lets win some money - I can't win slow burn tilt mode'):

 
My most recent attempt to get out of it involved switching to 100NL about 500 hands in (and then bam - 5 buy ins gone):


The last graph is this month's RUSH.  I have also lost 3 buy-ins at regular 100NL on what used to be my main site.  But rakeback is keeping me in profit!

I have got to cut out the mid session 5-10 buy in downswing/cooler/tilt/self mutilation crap.

Edit I recognise most of the tilt types in Dr Pauly's latest post. I have them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment